We're back from our spring break tour of the southeast...and we returned to ground that is completely devoid of snow!!! No snow, no snow, no snow!!! We had a great time and I think we are still mentally processing the long trip. I have lots of pictures to post, but for now I'll just TELL where we went.
We covered ten states (in order: Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, and Kentucky) in 17 days.
We spent four days at Disneyworld and this time we went to all four major parks...Magic Kingdom (still my favorite), Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM Studios). This was our first time at Disney without a stroller; we have graduated!
After Orlando, we went to Mobile to spend Easter with family and friends. The kids went on an Easter egg hunt and we had a big Easter dinner with lots of family. Kelli and Allen hosted a delicious backyard cook-out for us one night complete with blooming azalea bushes.
Then we went to Florence to visit more family.
Finally, we FINALLY got back to Nashville! It was so good to be back there. The kids spent lots of time with their friends. Brennan went out to dinner with her friend at a Japanese steakhouse and they were seated at the same table as Jeff Fisher (coach of the Tennessee Titans). Robert and I went to dinner with the ladies of John Early. We got to tour our friends' new BARV (big ass RV). We ended the trip with another fabulous party at the Stoners.
When we got home Sunday night, the cats were so mad at us for leaving that they hissed at us. They have now returned to the noisy, demanding, lovable Siamese cats that they were before we left them for 2 1/2 weeks.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no more snow until at least October. Mystery flowers are sprouting from bulbs planted by the previous homeowners all around my yard. Maybe spring is on the way!
1 comment:
Glad you are all home safely! I know it's nice to be back after a long trip, and with no snow! It was great seeing you and the kids, even though it was a quick visit. Hopefully we'll see you again this summer when you come through.
Post a Comment