Tuesday, July 22, 2008

An Applique a Day


I finished Kate-Kelly's turtle dress. You can't tell from the pictures, but the bottom of the dress is in 6 panels: 2 pink chenille, 2 pink and green Michael Miller Disco Dot, and 2 pink with white polka dot. I used the same chenille for the turtle's shell. Luckily she loves the dress and can't wait to wear it!


Here's the back...


A close-up of the turtle...


My friend Dar saw the turtle shirt I made for Brennan here on my blog and she said she may have to have one for her grandson, Alex. I made this for him...

Then, I remembered that Dar told me her daughter (Alex's mom, Rachel) likes giraffes. So I made this shirt to send along with the turtle shirt. I love the way this applique turned out! Not bad for a first run.


Here's a close-up of the appliques... (you can click on the picture to get the FULL effect) ;)

No comments: