Saturday, August 23, 2008

Good for Them!

The Breast Cancer 3-Day is going on here this weekend, and they're walking all around my neighborhood. If you're not familiar with it, each walker walks around 20 miles a day for 3 days. They have to raise $2200 each in donations to participate in the 3-day. It's really amazing that all of those women took Friday off of work and gave up their weekend to walk 60 miles for donations. I noticed a big increase in walkers over last year, which is great. Also, I counted 4 men walking this year - and 3 of them were teenage boys wearing pink t-shirts (I know their mommas are proud!) They have trucks and cars following along the route in case someone needs help, and each car is decorated with flags and window paint. The best signs I saw today...
  • We Love Boobs
  • Give Boobs a Chance
  • Boobs and Blisters
  • Walker Stalker

No comments: