
Garrison has so many Lego sets, I think at this point the lot is measured in pounds. I love it when the kids build stuff together. It involves so much coordination of ideas. When they're finished with a project they let Kate-Kelly play with it, which usually means certain destruction. :)
Summer is winding down and back-to-school activities are picking up. It's bittersweet. I am really going to miss having Garrison and Brennan here all the time. Let's refer to the back-to-school checklist...
- dentist x 3
- optometrist x 2 and glasses x 4
- Brennan's new middle school uniforms (completely different than last year's for primary)
- school shoes x 2
- school supplies x 3
- prescription medicines filled for school nurse
- textbooks for Brennan
- social engagement set for new family we're hosting from Garrison's school
- ice cream socials for both schools
- Garrison's 6th grade back to school party
- pages and pages of online forms to fill out x 2
- purchased viola for Brennan
I'm sure I'm missing something.
Kate-Kelly is 4 now, so we'll be doing pre-school at home for her. She has her school supplies and she understands that when the kids start school she will, too. She is the most excited about school starting. In addition to her home-school, she'll be taking gymnastics, art/dance, and soccer during the week. I'm debating adding piano for her, as well. We'll also go to story-time at the library.
All three kids are playing soccer this fall. We were spoiled in Nashville with all the different age levels playing at the same huge facility. We don't have that luxury here, so I will be doing a lot of driving, dropping off, and coordinating times on Saturdays.
No comments:
Post a Comment