Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow

I heard on the radio this morning that we are 3" of snow away from setting a record for January snowfall. More snow is forecast for tomorrow...1-3". Just so I can feel some sense of accomplishment about how much I've shoveled this winter, we had better get those 3"!

Looking out the front door...

Front porch (which is about 2' off the ground)...

The back yard...

Looking out the dining room window...

The mail still ran during the storm...


As soon as it stopped snowing, we went out to play - and in this case, more importantly, to shovel so Robert could get up the driveway after work.

Garrison pulling his snowboard...

Brennan ready to shovel...

Kate-Kelly looking at the snow pile she's about to be completely stuck in...

Kate-Kelly stuck in the snow pile...

Digging Kate-Kelly out of the snowpile...

She lost her snow boot under all that snow and had to be carried back inside. It took us a while to dig out her boot.

And finally...

The driveway before shoveling last night...

*Keep in mind that the driveway was completely shoveled out just 10 hours prior to this picture so Robert could leave for work.

and after shoveling...


I owe a huge thanks to my next-door neighbor, Jason, who came over and helped us dig out. I have revisited my decision to cancel the snow plow service several times this winter, ha!

1 comment:

nest of posies said...

oh my goodness gracious!!! i would not know how or what to do to entertain myself & the kiddos in all of your snow. but perhaps i would get used to it??? not sure if i would. good luck in setting a new record.
thanks for visiting my blog.
stay warm!